ESL Games are one of the best ways to teach!
'Games have been shown to have advantages and effectiveness in learning vocabulary in various ways. First, games bring in relaxation and fun for students, thus help them learn and retain new words more easily. Second, games usually involve friendly competition and they keep learners interested. These create the motivation for learners of English to get involved and participate actively in the learning activities. Third, vocabulary games bring real world context into the classroom, and enhance students' use of English in a flexible, communicative way.'
From 'Learning Vocabulary Through Games' by Nguyen Thi Thanh Huyen and Khuat Thi Thu Nga
'Asian EFL Journal' - December 2003.
3 in 1 ESL Bingo Special Offer
Here is what you get:
1. Adverbs Bingo ($6.99 Value)
- Vocabulary exercises using adverbs such as
courteously, actively, thankfully
- Vocabulary exercises using frequency adverbs such
as, often, sometimes, not at all
- Variations include Question and Answer Bingo
- Crossword Puzzle and Answer Key using the adverbs vocabulary
exercises using EVER
exercises using frequency adverbs
2. Comparatives Bingo ($6.99 value)
- Vocabulary exercises using comparatives such as the
slowest, the hungriest, faster than
Vocabulary exercises using adverbs such as
courteously, actively, thankfully
- Crossword puzzle and Answer Key using the same comparatives vocabulary.
written exercise using comparatives
word order exercise
exercise using EVER
exercise using frequency adverbs
3. PAST TENSE BINGO ($6.99 value)
- Vocabulary exercises using verbs in the past tense
such as to cry, cried, to give, gave
past tense question and answer conversation activity for the whole class
or teams, with complete instructions
- Past Tense Crossword Puzzle and Answer Key
- Bingo History Lesson
- Bingo Slang and Idioms (90+ expressions)
All handouts included. No preparation! Saves you hours and hours.
Use this package over and over. Saves you time and money!
Complete instructions for TEFL Teacher. Everything is explained and ready to go!
Ready to use in the classroom. Walk into the classroom and use it today.
Handy Adobe PDF format.
Involves and engages students learning English
These highly motivating activities promote a relaxed atmosphere where the students become involved in the content and learn to think in English.
- English as a second langauge Students become so involved they forget they are learning.
- Students retain more of what they learn because they enjoy themselves
- Students absorb concepts directly, and remember what they have learned.
- Students leave class with positive feelings, and look forward to coming back!
About Our ESL Activities
Our Activites were developed and tested in the classroom over a 7 year period, and are in use all over the world. Countries that use our materials.
Learning English with Laughter has been in business since 1997, selling ESL textbooks, curriculum and activities to teachers all over the world.
What our Customers Say:
Thanks a lot! I could download them, I have already used it several times in different classes it was FANTASTIC!!! Children like to learn English though games.
I always have difficulty teaching comparatives and this [Comparatives Bingo] really worked for me -- they 'got it' and remember it.
Students give 100% of their attention to playing bingo in English. Always a hit!
3 Bingo Games, 3 Crossword Puzzles, and 9 bonus activities